Indian Army SSC Tech applications are invited from eligible unmarried male and unmarried Female Engineering Graduates and also from Widows of Defence Personnel who died in harness for grant of Short Service Commission(SSC)in the Indian Army. The course will commence in April 2020 at Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
|Post||SSC 55 Tech SSCW 26 Tech|
|Nationality|| A citizen of India, Bhutan|
|SSC 55 Tech SSCW 26 Tech Notification Date||22 Jan 2020|
|SSC 55 Tech SSCW 26 Tech Last Date||20 Feb 2020|
|SSC 55 Tech SSCW 26 Cut Off Date||March/April 2020|
|SSC 55 Tech SSCW 26 Tech SSB Date||March/April 2020|
|SSC 55 Tech SSCW 26 Tech Merit List||Sep 2020|
|Gender||Male and Female|
|Marital status||Unmarried Men and unmarried Women|
| Age Limit 1:- SSC (Tech)-55 Men and SSC (Tech)-26 Women |
2:- SCW (Non-Tech) (Non-UPSC)
| 20 to 27 years as on 01 Oct 2020 (Candidates born between 02 Oct 1993 and 01 Oct 2000) (both dates inclusive) |
For Widows of Defence Personnel who died in harness only. Max 35 years of age as on 01 Oct 2020.
|Educational Qualification:||Candidates who have passed Engineering Degree course or are in the final year of Engineering course are eligible to apply.|
|Service||short service commission in all arms/services of Indian army|
|Apply For SSC Tech Entry||Click Here|
Candidates must note that only the Engineering streams and their acceptable equivalent streams, strictly as notified in the table below, will be accepted. Candidates with degrees in any other engineering stream(s) are not eligible to apply. The variation between the nomenclature of Engineering stream as given on the degree parchment/mark sheet and that submitted by the candidate in his online application will result in cancellation of candidature.
(a) For SSC(Tech)-55 Men and SSCW(Tech)-26th
- Shortlisting of application based on the cut off determined by Indian army (This is direct entry and hence there will be no written examination)
- Intelligence and Personality test by Service Selection Board (SSB).
- Merit List of selected candidates
- The minimum acceptable visual acuity are Distant Vision (corrected) better eye 6/6, worse 6/18, Myopia of not more than minus 3.5 including Astigmatism
- Candidates who have undergone or have evidence for having undergone Radial Keratotomy to improve the visual acuity will be permanently rejected
- Candidates who have undergone Lasik Surgery for Correction of reflective error are NOT acceptable
Date of SSB Interview:
The centre allotment will be intimated to the shortlisted candidate via their email. After allotment of Selection Centre, candidates will have to log in to the website and select their SSB dates which are available on a first-come-first-served basis. SSB Interview is to be conducted in the month of May/June 2020.
Indian Army SSC Technical Pay Scale
- Rs.56100/- Per month (Starting pay in Level 10)
- Military Service Pay (MSP) – to the Officers from the rank of Lt. to brig Rs.15500/- per month fixed.
- On successful commissioning, the pay in the Pay Matrix of the Officer commissioned shall be fixed in the first Cell of Level 10 and the period of training shall not be treated as commissioned service and arrears on account of admissible allowances, as applicable, for the training period shall be paid to cadets.
What is SSC Tech in army?
Short Service Commission to Officers (Male and Female) in the regular Army will be granted for 14 years i.e. for an initial period of 10 years extendable by a further period of 04 years.
Education Qualification for SSC Tech Entry?
Candidates who have passed Engineering Degree course or are in the final year of Engineering course are eligible to apply.