Indian Navy has published the notification for recruitment to the post of for Chef,Steward and Hygienist October 2020 Batch. Online applications are invited from unmarried male candidates (who fulfill eligibility conditions as laid down by the Government of India) for enrolmentas sailors for 400 vacancies(Approximately) for Matric Recruit (MR) –Oct2020 batch.
- Starting Date – 23-November-2019
- Last Date – 28-November-2019
- Last Date for Fee Payment – 28-November-2019
- Admit Card – Available Soon
- Exam Date – Available Soon
- Merit List – 21-August-2020
- Training Schedule- October,2020
- Examination Fees- Rs. 215/-(Rupees Two hundred fifteen only)
- Application Form- Apply Here
Educational Qualifications- Candidate must have passed Matriculation Examination from the Boards of School Education recognised by MHRD, Govt. of India.
Age-Candidates should be born between 01 Oct 2000 to 30 Sep 2003 (Both dates inclusive).
(a)Chef- They would be required to prepare food as per menu (both vegetarian and non-vegetarian including handling of meat products) and accounting of ration. In addition, they will also be allotted other duties as per Service requirement.
(b)Steward-They would be required to serve food in the officers‟ messes, as waiters, housekeeping, accounting of funds, wine and stores, preparation of menu etc. In addition, they will also be allotted other duties as per Service requirement.
(c)Hygienist-They will be required to clean washroom, shower spaces and other areas. In addition, they will also be allotted other duties as per Service requirement.
Indian Navy MR Selection Process
- The question paper will be computer-based with a total of 50 questions, each carrying 01 mark.
- The question paper will be bilingual (Hindi & English) and objective type (multiple-choice).
- The question paper will comprise of two sections i.e. Science & Mathematics and General Knowledge.
- The standard of the question paper will be that of class 10th syllabus & sample papers for the examination are available on website Click Here
- Duration of examination will be 30 minutes.
- The candidates are required to pass in all sections and in aggregate.
- The Navy reserves the right to determine the pass marks in each Section and in aggregate.
- Candidates should note that there will be penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the question paper. There are four alternatives for the answer to every question. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, one fourth (0.25) of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
Physical Fitness Test (PFT)
- Qualifying in Physical Fitness Test (PFT)is mandatory for selection.
- PFT will consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes, 20 squats(Uthak Baithak) and 10 Push-ups.
- Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk
Indian Navy MR Medical Standards
- Medical examination will be conducted by authorised military doctors as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to sailors on entry.
- Minimum height 157 cms. Weight and Chest should be proportionate. Minimum chest expansion of 5 cms. Details regarding minimum height standards for entry into the Indian Navy as Sailors, including applicable relaxations, can be accessed from the official recruitment website.
- The candidate must be in good physical and mental health, free from any defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duties both ashore and afloat under peace as well as war conditions as per Navy Order (Special) 01/2008. Extract of the Navy Order can be accessed from the official Indian Navy recruitment website.
- Preliminary Medical Examination for recruitment will be considered only “Provisionally fit subject to fitness in the Final Medical Examination”.
- Final Enrolment Medical Examination of all selected candidates will be done at INS Chilka. Candidates who are found medically fit in Final Enrolment Medical Examination will be enrolled. Candidates who are found medically un-fit will be advised to appeal against its findings, if they so desire, at INHS Kalyani, Visakhapat-nam within a maximum period of 21 days.
|Requirement||Without glasses||With glasses|
Tattoos– Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reversed side of palm/ back (dorsal) side of hand. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body is not acceptable and candidate will be barred from recruitment.
PAY AND PERQUISITES
Pay & Allowances-During the initial training period, a stipend of Rs. 14,600/-per month will be admissible. On successful completion of initial training, they will be placed in Level 3 of the Defence Pay Matrix (₹ 21,700-₹69,100). In addition, they will be paid MSP @ ₹ 5200/-per month plus DA (as applicable).
Promotion- Promotion prospects exist up to the rank of Master Chief Petty Officer-I, i.e. Level 8 of the Defence Pay Matrix (₹ 47,600-₹ 1,51,100) plus MSP @ ₹ 5200/-per month plus DA (as applicable).Opportunities for promotion to commissioned officer also exist for those who perform well and qualify the prescribed examinations.
Perquisites- (a) During the entire period of training and thereafter, sailors are given books, reading material, uniforms, food and accommodation as per entitlement. (b) Sailors are entitled to medical treatment, Leave Travel Concessions for self and dependents, Group Housing Benefits and other privileges. Sailors are also entitled to Annual and Casual Leave, Children Education and House Rent Allowances. Post retirement benefits include pension, gratuity and Leave encashment. All perquisites areextended as per service conditions and their eligibility/admissibility is regulated as per Government orders in force and amended from time to time.
Insurance Cover- Insurance cover of Rs. 50 lakhs (on contribution) is admissible for sailors.
- Results of the online examination will be announced tentatively after 30 days. Approximately 1200 candidates will be called for PFT and Preliminary Recruitment Medical Examination.Allocation of centres for PFT and Preliminary Recruitment Medical Examination will be at the discretion of the Indian Navy. The qualifying cut off marks for appearing in PFT & Preliminary Recruitment Medical may vary from State to State for MR entry.
- Candidates who are qualified in PFT will undergo Preliminary Recruitment medical examination.Candidates declared Temporary Medically Unfit in the Preliminary Recruitment medicals can avail specialist review from the specified Military Hospital within a maximum period of 21 days. No further review/ appeal is permissible if declared unfit in the specialist review.
HOW TO APPLY
- For this entry, the candidates can apply ONLINE ONLY on the official website Click here from 23 Nov 19to 28 Nov 19. The procedure is as follows:-
- (a) Before filling online application, keep matric certificate & Mark sheet ready for reference.
- (b)Register yourself on www.joinindiannavy.gov.inwith your e-mail ID, if not registered already. The Applicants must ensure that while filling their Application Form, they are providing their valid and active e-mail IDs and mobile numbers.
- (c) „Log–in‟ with the registered E-mail ID and Click on “Current Opportunities”.
- (d)Click on “Apply” (√) button.
- (e)Fill up the Form completely. Before clicking the „Submit‟ button make sure all the details are correct, all required documents are scanned in original & uploaded.
- (f)Admit Card will be generated for only those candidates who have submitted the online application and have made the payment of examination fee or are entitled to waiver off examination fee.
- (g)Candidates who have submitted the application on the last date of application submission, will get one additional day,to make payment of fees. Candidates who fail to make the payment even on the additional day will not be given further chance and hence their application will be cancelled.
- (h)Photographs. THE PHOTOGRAPH TO BE UPLOADED SHOULD BE OF GOOD QUALITY WITH BLUE BACKGROUND.
The application may be uploaded from Common Service Centres (CSC) across the country, against a fixed fees of Rs 60 + GST. This facilityisentirelyoptional.22. In case of any difficulty faced by potential candidates they may contact IHQ MoD (Navy) through Official website.
- Mobile phones or any other communication devices are not allowed inside the examination premises. Any infringement of these instructions shall entail disciplinary action including ban from future examinations.
- Candidates are strongly advised to apply online well in time without waiting for the last date for submission of Online application.
- No candidate should misbehave in any manner or create disorderly scene in examination premises.
- While filling his online Application Form, the candidate should carefully decide about his choice for the centre of the Examination. Candidates who are called up for PFT and Preliminary Medical Examination, will be allotted a centre closest to where they appeared for online examination.
- Candidates should avoid submitting multiple applications. If more than one application is received from a candidate, his candidature will be cancelled.
- The decision of the Indian Navy as to the eligibility or otherwise of a candidate for admission to the online examination shall be final.
- Wrong information about domicile certificate or SC/ST status will result in cancellation of candidature at any stage of recruitment.
Best Books For MR- Navy
Navy MR and NMR Book in English- Buy Now
Navy MR and NMR Book in Hindi- Buy Now
Navy MR and NMR practice set Book in Hindi- Buy Now
Navy MR and NMR practice set Book in English- Buy Now