Group Discussion in SSB Interview
In this particular task, first of all, you are basically divided into groups of 6-12 depending on the number of candidates. After which you are made to sit in a circular fashion, facing each other, seating order based on your chest numbers. There are two topics given to you by the GT Officer, firstly he will give you several topics and ask the group to choose the one you are comfortable with. The second topic will be of GD Officer’s choice and needed to be discussed within the group. The topic given to us is generally based on social awareness, day-to-day problems, social issues which we usually discuss with our family and friends. The time given to discuss a given topic is about 10-15 minutes. The GD topic consists of various given leads which you are supposed to advocate or support during the entire GD. The two Group Discussion basically takes place one after the other, after which GD culminates and other task took place.
What is to be done during the Group Discussion?
Firstly, it is a group task; you are there to represent the group, not to represent yourself. Secondly, try to understand the topic clearly, and decide which lead or point you are supporting throughout your GD. The Point you are supporting, as a matter of fact, should be fully-fledged with facts and figures. Once you are ready, try to initiate the GD as it shows your initiative. In case you don’t get a chance to initiate, no worry, be calm and speak whenever you get a chance. If you are not satisfied with someone’s point in the group, don’t try to use ‘I completely disagree’, instead use a softer way by saying ‘I am rather of the opinion that’ or ‘I partially agree’. On the other hand, if you agree with someone’s point, mention his chest number and add your points into his/her points. Give others a fair chance to speak once you have given your points. Don’t try to dominate the entire group otherwise, it shows you don’t want to give others a chance. In case you are not much familiar with the topic, listen to the point given by others and based on that give your views, it will surely work.
What is expected:-
• The candidate should have self-confidence.
• Candidates should be able to express himself fluently and rationally.
• Candidates must have sufficient knowledge of the topic being discussed.
• Candidates should not be rigid in his ideas.
• The candidates should be adaptable and should be able to react rationally under stress.
• The candidates should be logical in his approach.
• The candidates need to be cheerful and not look stressed up.
Here is the list of latest SSB gd topics for 2019.
- Union Budget – 2019-20
- Let’s Discuss – Day 25 | Participate in the Group Discussion
- Doubling of Farmers’ Income by 2022 – How can India achieve this?
- Major challenges for the Modi government 2.0
- Blood is thicker than water – Abstract GD topic
- India has a long coastal line. Is it an advantage or a Liability?
- Elections in India – 2019
- Defence Budget 2019-20
- Should Bihar be given Special category status?
- Nationalism vs Regionalism
- India-France Relations
- Youth empowerment is necessary for any country’s development. According to you what should India focus on, for Youth empowerment?
- India – Pakistan relations